Josh and Kim's Nomadblogue

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Time with the Shau Family
Saturday December 30, 2006

















Kimberly and I with Shau Susu

















The three of us again including Susu's daughter Shau Hong Ying
















From left to right; Zhang Wei (Shau Hong Ying's husband), Shau Hong Ying, Kimberly, Josh and Shau Susu
















Shau Hong Ying, Mrs. Cai, Kimberly, Josh and Shau Susu.


At 5pm Mr. and Mrs. Cai picked us up and took us to see Shau Susu, Shau Hong Ying, Zhang Wei and Susu's grandson Zhang Han. Mr. Cai dropped off Kim, Mrs. Cai and myself, he had a meeting to attend.

We visited and relived many memories. Like the time I stole & ate the peanuts on the roof of the #11 Bi Shan Rd. house, the peanuts belonged to the guy living on the 3rd floor. So, much we talked about.

Shau Hong Ying told Kim how I would hide behind doors or under blankets or other places and scare her. I really enjoyed scaring people, and I still get a kick out of it, when I allow myself the indulgence. Hong Ying remembers how her mother adored me and I likewise was Ayi's shadow. We also talked about the Papaya trees that Ayi and I grew in the front yard. Every time I eat a papaya I think of mine and Ayi's miniature papaya plantation, orange fleshed papaya is the best. Mmmmmmmmm. :-)

So many memories, glad that I have them. :-)

Shau Hong Ying teaches piano lessons at her home during the day while her son Zhang Han is at school. She is an amazing woman, mother and wife.
Zhang Wei is a professional Chinese Ink Painter and Amazing husband and father.
Zhang Han is an amazing ten year old boy with the energy of TAZ from Loony Tunes, a huge beatific smile at all times and loves McDonald's more than his parents would like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home